I love avocados and I'm surprised it took me this long to try Avocado toast. Last week I finally made my own version. I kept it as simple as possible so that it can be done in the mornings quickly before work.
- 1/2 organic avocado
- 1 organic Rabbit River Farms vegetarian feed egg
- 1 slice of organic Ezekiel 100% sprouted whole grain bread
- a dash of Himalayan salt
- a dash of black pepper
- a dash of grace Jamaican pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp organic grapeseed oil
First thing first!
1. Add a tablespoon of grapeseed oil to your nonstick frying pan. Heat the pan on medium. I have an induction stove so it heats up quick. If I'm not careful I can burn whatever's in my pan.
2. Toast your slice of bread
3. Crush up 1/2 avocado in a bowl. I like to leave it chunky so I just mash it 3 times. I didn't do this in the picture but I found my avocado kept sliding off my toast. The second time I made it I found it worked better applying it as a spread haha.
4. Crack your egg into a bowl to double check that it's good and then add it to the frying pan. Puncture the yolk so that it spreads. Once the egg white is cooked flip it over to ensure the yolk gets fully cooked. This style of eggs is what Jamaicans call fried egg but I learned not too long ago the more technical culinary term is over hard.
5. Time to layer. Toast, add the avocado spread, and add your fried egg on top. I wouldn't be me if I didn't sprinkle a bit of Grace pepper sauce to add a little heat.
Voila! Comment below with what you layer your avocado toast with.
Love you leave you 🍒